While this clinic does specialize and may not treat every ailment on this list; Chinese medicine does help almost every system of the body. Every tissue of the body has special relationships with the organs, and the five organs themselves are interrelated as well.
Respiratory and Immune: Acupuncture regulates fluid metabolism, blood circulation, the autonomic nervous system and the immune system.
- Sinus & Airway
- Acute bronchitis
- Bronchial asthma
- Common cold
- Leukopenia (low white blood cells)
- Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy
acupuncture effects electrical systems of smooth muscle by enhancing the transportation circuits in tissues. It also helps detoxify and assists metabolism of cellular waste.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Intestinal spasm
- Gallbladder stones
- Spasm of the esophagus and cardiac muscle
Cardiovascular: Acupuncture effects and regulates the blood components by way of improving circulation and detoxification.
- Raynaud syndrome
- Addiction: Acupuncture stimulates the secretion of endorphins, the happy hormones, in the brain and spinal cord. Ear acupuncture and clinical nutrition is most effective in this case.
- Alcohol dependence and detoxification
- Opium, cocaine and heroin dependence
- Tobacco dependance
Neurological: Acupuncture stimulates the release of natural opioids which normalizes autonomic nerves thereby clearing and enhancing communication networks within the body.
- Bell’s palsy
- Sleep Disorders
- Craniocerebral injury, closed
- Facial spasm Neuralgia, post-herpetic
- Eyes, Ears, Throat, mouth:
- Ménière disease
- Sore throat (including tonsillitis)
- Acute conjunctivitis
Mental and Emotional: Acupuncture effects higher areas of the brain by way of sensory neurons, stimulating the secretion of endorphins in the spinal cord.
- Competition stress syndrome
- Long term stress dysfunction
- Sleep disorders
- Vascular dementia
Reproductive and Genitourinary: Acupuncture regulates hormones by way of calming the nervous system’s stress response.
- Delayed labour
- Labor pain
- Malposition of fetus
- Morning sickness
- Female infertility
- Ovary dysfunction
- Female urethral syndrome
- Lactation deysfunction
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (Stein-Leventhal syndrome)
- Male sexual dysfunction, non-organic
- Recurrent lower urinary-tract infection
- Retention of urine, traumatic
- kidney stone
- Renal colic
Pain and Musculoskeletal disorders: acupuncture activates nerve receptors and ‘jumps’ the proprioceptive (sensory nerve) pathway to reset the transmission of pain.
- Facial pain
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Pain in dentistry
- Postoperative pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
- Spine pain, acute
- Stiff neck
- TMJ dysfunction
- Cancer pain